New for 2017
We’ve decided to expand our garden, that has already fed a handful of families, so that we can become a part of the Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) movement. It’s been a dream in the making for over 5 years and something we are ready to open up to the public.
What is Community Supported Agriculture?
At its most basic, it is a farming model that directly links the consumer with the farmer through a membership or “share”. In short, our farm (the agriculture) is supported by a community of members who finance a portion of the operation of the farm and in return receive a share of the weekly harvest. It is an opportunity for a family to receive the freshest most delicious, nutritious, unprocessed produce available.
CSA also incorporates the ideals of buying local and contributing to a sustainable economy. When you become a member of a local CSA you are directly contributing to your local economy and helping reduce your carbon footprint. There is no middle-man in your produce. You know exactly where your food comes from. You know exactly how it is grown. At Valley Pasture Farm, we use all natural, local fertilizers and pest control. Many people have a tremendous sense of pride in contributing to their local economy and becoming a part of a sustainable agricultural model that works.
How can I become a part of Community Supported Agriculture with Valley Pasture Farm?
Unfortunately, we have sold all of our shares for the 2017 season. If you would like to get on a waitlist for 2018, please let us know using our Contact Form.
How will I benefit from becoming a member of your CSA program?
A CSA Share with Valley Pasture Farm will provide you and your family with:
- Approx. a bushel of sustainably grown, nutrient rich, freshly picked produce weekly, for 16-18 weeks PLUS other goodies through out the season including fresh-cut flowers, pasture-raised meats, eggs, and more.
- Knowledge of where your food comes from and weekly ideas to help your family enjoy healthy food
- A unique and rewarding experience of being connected with your food and farmer while supporting a small, local, family farm
- The satisfaction of helping to improve our environment by reducing the carbon foot print by purchasing local and working with a farm that is committed to sustainable practices that help preserve our resources
- A 10% discount on all regularly priced items offered from our farm in 2017 which includes additional produce, meat, eggs, and admission to the Fall Fun in September and October. (Live animal sales are not eligible for discount.)
All 2017 share pick-ups will be at Valley Pasture Farm in Elk Mound, WI on Tuesdays from 3-7pm or Fridays from 9-10am or 1-5pm.
Harvest will start mid June with herbs, lettuce, radishes, and other greens. As summer progresses, you can expect to see peas, summer squash, beans, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, tomatoes, carrots, kohlrabi, head lettuce, and sweet corn. Towards the end of the season melons, potatoes, dry onions, winter squash and pumpkins will be added to the mix.
Shared Risk – Shared Rewards
Our goal is to grow at least 300 pounds of produce for each member over the course of the season. If mother nature works very well with us, it will be much closer to 400 pounds per member.
We strive to bring you a beautiful, bountiful box of freshly picked produce each week during harvest season. We promise to do our best to provide everything outlined above for each of our members. Our members, in turn, agree to understand that nature is full of blessings, yet can also cause mischief and sometimes mayhem. The quantity of produce may vary week to week, month to month, and season to season due to extreme weather, insects & pests, and other factors beyond our control. By participating with us in our CSA program, you are agreeing to share this risk with us and the other members.
For more information, be sure to read through our Membership Agreement .
If you have further questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org