This year we will again be collecting non-perishable items for Stepping Stones of Dunn County. At the end of the season, we deliver the items collected from our guests, as well as fresh apples, squash, and pumpkins – we’ve averaged 1000 pounds of donations each year! Thank you for helping us feed the hungry in our community.
When you bring a non-perishable food item or something from the list of most needed items (check it out here), you will receive $1.00 off of your admission.
(Items must not be expired and only 1 discount per person).
Let’s work together to help fight hunger in our community!
The Stepping Stones Food Pantry in Menomonie, WI serves about 55 families per day, 6 days per week. They serve over 5,000 unique individuals annually by distributing about 1 million pounds of food. They also distribute approximately 400 weekend meal bags each week to children at risk of hunger during the school year. Visit the Stepping Stones website to learn more!
Other Facts & Figures:
- 1 in 9 people in west central Wisconsin is at risk of hunger, for children alone it’s 1 in 4.
- 42% of children in Dunn Co. qualify for free or reduced lunch.
- Children who have adequate nutrition are healthier and do better in school.
- 16% of people in Dunn Co. live below poverty level making it one of the top 15 poorest counties in Wisconsin
- 65% – 70% of people who are ‘food insecure’ report having to make choices such as:
- Food vs. housing
- Food vs. heat
- Food vs. medical care
- People who use the pantry can then direct more of their limited resources to other critical needs such as rent, utilities, transportation, and medical expenses.