- Our sheep are Polypay/Dorset crosses and provide excellent, mild-flavored meat. They are grass-fed and non-GMO grain finished for superb marbling and flavor. They are raised on our pastures and we do not use antibiotics or hormones.
We currently have retail cuts available for sale on the farm including:
- Lamb Chops for $12.50/pound
- Frenched Rack of Lamb for $18.00/ pound
- Leg of Lamb and Leg Steaks for $10.50/pound
- Lamb Shanks for $6.50/ pound
- Ground Lamb for $7.50/pound
- Lamb liver for $3.00/pound
Please call the farm at 715.256.7676 to place your order and arrange pick-up at the farm or find us at the Menomonie Farmers Market.
We will also have whole and 1/2 lamb available this Fall. We offer whole lamb at $6.50/lb hanging weight and 1/2 lamb at $7/lb hanging weight, which includes processing costs. Your lamb will be cut, wrapped, and frozen upon delivery or pick-up. Hanging weight for a whole lamb is 50-60 pounds, which will provide you with 35-45 pounds of meat depending on the cuts you chose. We work with a few local processors and will provide details and cut-sheets after we get your pre-order. For those unfamiliar with lamb, below is a chart that may help you see what you would get from a whole lamb.
Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you!
|Body Part||Trimmed Weight||Possible Cuts|
|Leg||13 lbs||Leg Roasts, Leg Slices|
|Loin||7lbs||Loin Chops, Loin Roasts|
|Rib||5lbs||Rib Chops, Rib Roasts, Rack of Lamb|
|Shoulder||10lbs||Shoulder Roasts, Arm Roasts, Blade Chops|
|Misc||7lbs||Riblets, Stew meat, Ground Lamb, Shanks, Flank|